Lilypie
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie

Sunday, November 4, 2007

The show

For those of you who don't know, my sister and I have an embroidery business. We started it about 5 years ago. Unfortunately my sister is left with the work while am not living in Texas. However, I do get the opportunity to come to Dallas for a weekend to do a trade show. It is called Market in the Meadow. This year was our third, and best year. While it is not near enough to make up for all the work she does the rest of the year, it does give us a chance to work together. I enjoy that most. We get the chance to design and create products, but spending time chatting with Tonya is the best part of it.
The week/weekend was crazy. I got there a few days before the show and it was non-stop work from there. Luckily we enjoy doing it. We are also lucky that our mom comes and watches the kids for us. We couldn't do it with out her.
A little about our business... We mainly have a baby line and a home line. The baby line includes things such as bibs, burp cloths, pantie covers, hooded towels, blankets, and personal blankies. Our home line includes things such as kitchen towels, aprons, guest towels, napkins, place mats, and pillow cases. And like I said before, we started about 5 years ago. It was slow going at first and a lot of learning on our part. But now Tonya stays busy all the time with orders. We have not created a website yet, but have plans to do so after the first of the year. I can't wait to see where it leads us.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How cool! It is such a blessing to be able to share something like that with your sister. I am sure she will be glad to have you move back even if we will miss you when the time comes!